Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DSU E-Board (08-09)

 
President,
Name:  JasjeetSingh

I would like to run for the president of DSU as first of allI have been
an active member of DSU and I have achieved a lot ofexperience being the
Vice Present of Desi Student Union.  The bigreason why I m doing this is
that I want to represent my culture and want tomake our desi community
proud of it. I have lots of ideas about doing thediwali festival, holi
festival and other events. With me DSU will be moreimproved and
organized. Various officers and comities would be added forbetter
functionality of the DSU as well. In totality, I would make sure we
willpresent the Desi culture at its peak and moreover your opinion would
definitelybe considered. So you would be considered an important part of
the club. SoPlease consider my nomination for the president of Desi
Student Union.

Vice President,
Name: Sweta Basnet
I would like to run for vice-president. I think I would be a good
candidatebecause I am experienced. I have been a very active member of
DSU, I amresponsible, dedicated to the organization, hard working, and I
love workingwith people. I listen to what everyone has to say and
accepting to everyone̓sopinions and ideas.


Programming,
Name: Janaki Shah

I would like to run for the programming position, the reasonwhy I would
like the position as the programmer is because I feel that I canreally
help bring new ideas for future events. I am organized and I haveplanned
events similar to bollywood fever at my high school during my juniorand
senior year. Also, during my junior and senior year in high school I
wasCo-president of a community service club called Key club, which
requiredplanning, and organizing community service events. Therefore I
have experiencein planning and arranging events. I have participated in
the bollywood feverevent and also the learn to dance like a desi event
and feel that as aprogrammer I will make sure that when it comes to the
event there will be moreorganization thus it will be planned ahead of
time. Thanks for your time.

Promotions,
Name: Gurpreet Singh
I would like to take a moment and put in my nomination for the
promotionposition. I believe that I am a good candidate for this
position because I am agood talker and I can communicate people so
naturally to impress them. I thinkI can use my ability to help Desi
Student Union for its promotion. I have beenattaining most of the DSU
meetings since it was established. So I want to havethis position to
help DSU with my all efforts as a board member of it. Moreover,I have a
great deal of computer experience too. So i will be able to
createexceptional posters, flyer's for DSU events and DSU website too.
So pleaseaccept my appeal to be nominated for position of promotion.

Finance,
Name: Aman Somal 
As VP of Finance for Desi Student Union, I, Aman Somal, willtake full
responsibility for all budgeting material and related concerns. I will
also communicate the concerns of the organization to STUEY and
thestudent senate in order to ensure that DSU is always properly
funded.
Thank you for your vote.


Communication andadministrative Assistance,
Name: Viral Patel

I would like to run for Administration andcommunications position. I
would like to  run for the sameposition this semester too because I know
all the work related to this positionas i have a experience and I would
like to serve dsu as its purpose ofpromoting culture is about my
country's culture. And i would like to promote myculture too and I can
contribute my best skills of handling documents andserving as
secretary.

Public Relations.
Name: Sammie Varghess
Fellow DSU members,

I am a member of DSU interested in being more active bybecoming the
Public Relations Officer.  The reason I wouldlike to run for this
position is because it would give me the opportunityto inform the
general public about DSU.  I am also interested inrecruiting more
members and maintaining the members the club has alreadyrecruited.  I
have taken part in many events that would make me qualifiedfor this
position.  For example, in high school I was in charge of the India
group forour ethnic fair.  My job consisted of finding students willing
toparticipate in the various tasks required to make the event
successful, such asrunning the food booth and dancing in the program.  I
also chaired theIndia/Diwali Day for our Asian Club.  As the chairperson
I was required tocome up with activities for the event, put up posters,
find people who wantedto participate, and encourage everyone to come.
When first coming to Grand Valley,I did not expect any sort of Desi
organization. Seeing DU at campuslife night excited me and as the
semester went on Ihave tried to become more active in this club.
Hopefullyconsidering the above and what you have seen of me this year,
you will elect meas your public relations officer. 


--
E-Board : - Desi Student Union
http://desistudentunion.blogspot.com